Sunday, October 28, 2012

Discount Louis Vuitton Chapter 11 Eye To Eye Bones

Chapter 11 Eye To Eye
"Bones," said Captain Hamilton, in despair, "you will never be a Napoleon."
"Dear old sir and brother-officer," said Lieutenant Tibbetts, "you are a jolly old pessimist,cheap moncler clerance."
Bones was by way of being examined in subjects C and D, for promotion to captaincy, and Hamilton was the examining officer. By all the rules and laws and strict regulations which govern military examinations, Bones had not only failed, but he had seriously jeopardized his right to his lieutenancy, if every man had his due.
"Now, let me put this," said Hamilton. "Suppose you were in charge of a company of men, and you were attacked on three sides, and you had a river behind you on the fourth side, and you found things were going very hard against you. What would you do,jordan 11?"
"Dear old sir," said Bones thoughtfully, and screwing his face into all manner of contortions in his effort to secure the right answer, "I should go and wet my heated brow in the purling brook, then I'd take counsel with myself."
"You'd lose," said Hamilton, with a groan. "That's the last person in the world you should go to for advice, Bones. Suppose," he said, in a last desperate effort to awaken a gleam of military intelligence in his subordinate's mind, "suppose you were trekking through the forest with a hundred rifles, and you found your way barred by a thousand armed men. What would you do?"
"Go back," said Bones, "and jolly quick, dear old fellow."
"Go back? What would you go back for?" asked the other, in astonishment.
"To make my will," said Bones firmly, "and to write a few letters to dear old friends in the far homeland. I have friends, Ham," he said, with dignity, "jolly old people who listen for my footsteps, and to whom my voice is music, dear old fellow."
"What other illusions do they suffer from?" asked Hamilton offensively, closing his book with a bang. "Well, you will be sorry to learn that I shall not recommend you for promotion."
"You don't mean that," said Bones hoarsely.
"I mean that," said Hamilton.
"Well, I thought if I had a pal to examine me, I would go through with flying colours."
"Then I am not a pal. You don't suggest," said Hamilton, with ominous dignity, "that I would defraud the public by lying as to the qualities of a deficient character?"
"Yes, I do," said Bones, nodding vigorously, "for my sake and for the sake of the child." The child was that small native whom Bones had rescued and adopted.
"Not even for the sake of the child," said Hamilton, with an air of finality. "Bones, you're ploughed."
Bones did not speak, and Hamilton gathered together the papers, forms, and paraphernalia of examination.
He lifted his head suddenly, to discover that Bones was staring at him. It was no ordinary stare, but something that was a little uncanny. "What the dickens are you looking at,moncler clerance?"
Bones did not speak. His round eyes were fixed on his superior in an unwinking glare.
"When I said you had failed," said Hamilton kindly, "I meant, of course----"
"That I'd passed," muttered Bones excitedly. "Say it, Ham--say it! 'Bones, congratulations, dear old lad'----"

No comments:

Post a Comment